Thursday, August 6, 2020

Baby is healthy! Now into full nesting mode!

For those following along, I am 20 weeks pregnant with a little girl! I also have Crohn's Disease and am taking Humira throughout my pregnancy. Because of this, I obviously have some concerns and extra worries. Although I am very blessed and every sign has been good, I had my anatomy scan yesterday and was referred to MFM (maternal fetal medicine, high risk) for a more detailed scan of my sweet little girl mostly to calm my nerves. The Dr. admitted that she has seen several moms on Humira, and had great stats to share and even stories. There is still some risk, which is why I will continue to be monitored closely.

With the happy news yesterday that not only is baby very healthy, she is extremely active and stubborn! Haha my little girl wouldn't even turn to get a profile view. She sleeps with her hands up in the air just like her mom! And the nurse couldn't get enough of her cuteness and I came home with about 20 pictures.

Two years ago all of this would have been no more than a dream. I was SO sick, and thinking about my little girl (Chloe) gets me all teary eyed every time I think about her and my miracle baby (I even have tears as I'm typing this!)

So naturally I came home and went into FULL BLOWN nesting mode!! I moved the bed around (with help of course), went to IKEA, bought some drawer organizers, and was kindly given the glider chair used for my youngest brother.

Pregnancy (and Crohn's) makes me really tired, but sometimes all the excitement of getting ready for Chloe makes me forget haha. I deep cleaned the upholstery on the cream colored chair yesterday and I want to share with you how. I googled and found other blogs, youtube, etc. and came up with my own concoction that worked really pretty well!

I figure if I am googling this very thing, someone out there also wants to learn how. Oh, and most upholstery needs to be cleaned, I learned very quickly yesterday.

The secret cleaning recipe:

-Round One:
-1/2 c vinegar
-1 c water
1/2 TBS. dish soap
(mist onto furniture using spray bottle)

-Round Two:
-stain remover spray (any kind)
-hot water
-sponge
(rub the heck out of the stain remover and hot water using bristle side of sponge)

-Round Three:
-hot water
-laundry detergent
-sponge
(repeat similar to step two)

After that throughly dry out suds and make sure furniture

is completely dry. May sit outside in the sun if needed.




If you try and have success, let me know! I'd love to hear from you in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment