Saturday, January 19, 2019

Real Life

Pinch me, I must be dreaming! I just married Seth Parker, and am totally in love.

Oh yeah, and this is still real life.

Working, school, MCAT study, chores, trying to find a job I actually like, health battles.

I've been thinking a lot lately about honesty and authenticity. I follow many wellness bloggers who courageously share their stories, but I also know first-handedly the "behind the scenes".

My life for example, recently we were basking in the Bahamas sun and hardly even thinking about health, to coming home to an endoscopy waiting for me less than a week after our return. Or what about last night at 12:46 a.m. when my sweet sweet husband injected me for the nth time of my ouchy humira shot. I cry and wince every time, but I know its what I need right now. In these tender moments every late Friday night (#romantic) I feel so close to my husband and feel all the deep love I felt for him over the summer when my life was so fragile.

When I was younger, I thought that I would have my fairy tale life with no pain, shots, and yes of course my health would be invincible.

Boy, was a I wrong about the invincible part. But am I glad more than ever for reality!

Because this is a part of my life it reminds me that yes, my husband is real, yes I am alive, and yes I have lots to learn.

So.... here begins my journey for the rest of my life.

Hi!

I'm Camille Parker.

22.

Wife.

Chocolate lover.

Totally honest to a T.

Hopes and dreams of being a good wife and mother.

Trying to find my path in the wellness field.

Oh, and I have Crohn's Disease... for the rest of my life.



Life is short and we are meant to take risks! I will be forever thankful to my sweet Seth for looking past the reality of Chron's and into my heart. I am thankful I had courage and health to try new foods on our honeymoon cruise and that the medicine is working "enough"


. And I am thankful for the blissful wedding day (mixed with reality) that happened just as God promised.

-More on the wedding day soon.

xoxo-Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment