Wednesday, October 2, 2019

God Hears You



Wow. Deep breath.

God really is listening.

To me.

To you.

And even to those who think they are not praying. He hears every aching yearning of your precious heart.

He. Hears. You.
Pray, Hands, Praying Hands, Prayer, Religion, FaithRewind the clock 1.5 years ago when I was living my college dream. Preparing to graduate and surely thinking I had much more figured out than turn out I do. I was healthy at the time. I was motivated to find "the perfect job". And I didn't know that I had so SO much to figure out. I also didn't know how very aware God is.

I always pray. Sometimes it is a tired jumble of unspoken words inside my head but God without fail always hears me.

And recently He's been listening and showing me very clearly that He is listening.

Since graduation I've realized one thing for certain. This blog is never going away. God is calling me to it. I can't really describe how to put this into words really, but I feel it. I remember when I started this blog. I was 16 and recently diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. I scribbled several titles for this little project of mine until I settled on "Blessing in the Curse". I knew that God needed me to do it. But it was a hard thing He was asking me to do. I mean share your testimony while mixing it in with your stories about your digestive (aka poop disease)? As I High School girl that was embarrassing. But it gave me purpose within my heart and so start a blog I did.

Fast forward to now. It can still be embarrassing. But this growing feeling within me is telling me I must keep writing. And as I keep writing I become more open. Because the world needs open. The world needs vulnerable.

Speaking of vulnerable, my last post about my dream I had about my Savior was pretty vulnerable. It took me nearly a year to be able to share that on my blog. But that feeling came, and so I wrote. I wrote all that I felt. I also prayed. I prayed very specifically that I would find the one specific person who needed to hear that story.

Well, I found that person. Very specifically.

THEN, I found the many people, apparently who need to hear this.

IT IS SO COOL HOW GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS!!!

First, I heard from someone very close to me that they stumbled upon my blog and are actually experiencing the same thing as I did on the legs. It is so rare. Like less than 5% of people with Crohn's actually get it  (so it is much much less than 5% common for people who don't have Crohn's) and so I was so touched that it actually found someone to hopefully motivate in this situation.

I thought that was the end of it.

But then....

My Dad returned from a trip last week to Alaska. As he was boarding the plane, he came across and old neighbor and friend. After the flight landed they reconnected and to make long story short the friend put two and two together and realized that my Dads daughter (me!) is the one who writes this blog. Keep in mind this friend hasn't seen me since I was about 5 years old. I was so touched to find out that this friend has been reading this blog for quite some time and has been sharing it with the church congregation way up in some town I've never heard of in Alaska.  I hope that by me sharing this story will teach those youth that God does in fact love to answer our prayers and He does all the time. To the youth in Alaska reading this, please know that each of you have your own "blessings" in your very own "curse". You will never know how much this connection of knowing this has been shared there means to me. I have been wanting to know if sharing my trial has blessed anyones life and this gives me all purpose. I would love to hear from any of you reading this in Alaska!

I have been smiling about this all week.

There is still much I need to discover in life post graduation. But I am grateful for my story that is giving me identity and purpose. I am not Crohn's Disease. But I am who I am because of Crohn's Disease.

And I know that God has in fact answered my prayers.

I would love to hear from you about how God has answered your own prayers.

2 comments:

  1. My son with Crohn's is on a mission and is serving without symptoms. That's god answering my prayers. Thanks for your blog. I've been reading for years and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwrice (sorry I don't know your real name!) Thank you so much for your comments. They mean the world to me and I have been noticing your following for some time. I am so happy to hear about your sons progress and ability to be on a mission right now. Miracles are real!

    ReplyDelete