Sunday, December 8, 2019

Swimming...

Often and lately I feel like I am swimming. What I really mean by that is that I feel like I am running in water. It is tiring to go about daily life while have some complications such as Crohn's and lately anxiety.

Working full time while trying to be supportive to my husband and many family members is what I want to do. My body says something different. I keep telling myself that I feel healthy enough that I will be able to just "adapt" or "talk myself through it" but my body is tired. Fatigued. Exhausted. Crohn's is the thief of energy. And I am finding out that anxiety is an even bigger thief.

I would like your advice. Privately please (in comments on blog are ok). Those with chronic illness what do you do? Work until you get sick? Or how do you find the self compassion to accept your limitations?

On a more positive note:

I have started a support group for IBD (Crohn's and Colitis) in Utah County and the first one was a success! My biggest goal is to have people leave this group feeling positive and supported. Venting is good and necessary, but will not be the only thing happening. I would also love some ideas on what you would like to talk about in the support group.

In the group, one patient mentioned she wished she had the positive outlook that I do about Crohn's, that she could find her "blessing in the curse". Lately things have been hard and tiring but I am still able to find my blessings in this trial because I have developed that pattern for myself. Doing things like this support group or participating in #LightTheWorld

That is all I have to say for now. But I would love to collaborate about blogging and speaking opportunities for anyone who is interested, send me a message :)

No comments:

Post a Comment