Sunday, December 22, 2019

Healed

I am currently driving home from Disneyland with my husband and his side of the family.. I am so incredibly thankful for my health and where I am today. My labs look good. My symptoms.. minimal. My emotional health improving. My stamina (although not where I want it to be) growing. My food choices.. Few restrictions. My pain.. much much less. My fear.. shrinking. My Crohn’s.. healing.

Will I ever be healed? No, not fully. This is incurable. I’m coming to terms with that. I will always be a little more tired than your average person. I may spend some extra time in the bathroom. Have pain that I hide. Or have fear in the back of my mind. But I am growing stronger. So much stronger! I am so thankful for my answered prayers and promises to one day get to where I am today. I have had so many priesthood blessing saying I would be healed, fully knowing it’s true but not knowing what it means.

Today, I know what healing means.

It means that I am made whole again with the body I live in.

I was able to be in the park from 8am-12:30 pm. It was hard. And fun. And I have limitations. But don’t we all?

I also ate ice cream and it was truly magical.

I know God promises me I would get to this point again. But because of all I’ve been through, I am now better here than where I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment