Thursday, September 24, 2020

Support Group

 I am always amazed when I open up and share anything about Crohn's I am led to find another individual needing help and comfort. Because well, I am walking that path too. It may look different for each of us how we choose to treat our disease, how are symptoms manifest, how we deal with it emotionally, etc. But bottom line (ha, pun intended!) is that Crohn's Disease (or colitis) is hard. It is not fun to live with and it is embarrassing and not really something to bring up with another person. I mean hey, talking about digestive habits is not really the norm. Until I was diagnosed with Crohn's officially, I hid my symptoms for a few months because I felt that I was "gross". And then I got the diagnosis. And I will never forget the first few conversations I had with meeting others who too had similar hidden bathroom struggles as me. Crohn's Disease is quite common yet is hidden SO well. Which is why I am facilitating the support group for Utah Valley. 

Utah Valley Support Group: 

Who: Individuals living with IBD or a spouse/family member

What: We talk and support each other. All ideas are welcome in a judgement free and pressure free zone. There will be frequent educational speakers to discuss related topics. 

Where: Virtually via zoom until further notice

When: The next meeting will be Wednesday October 14th at 7:00 


Find out more about our group: Crohn's and Colitis Foundation Website


Come as you are! Bring your tears, fears, and humor. It is so refreshing to open up and talk about all there is to process about this disease. 


Contact me if you would like to be included on the email list by sending an email to blessinginthecurse@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment